- Start researching schools now. Spend time looking through private school websites to start narrowing your list of possible schools. You’ll learn a lot by reviewing the curriculum and school handbook (most schools have both online though you may have to do some searching).
- Use my private school tour schedule to plan your school visits. Schools typically have several events, some for parents only, some for the entire family. Be sure to follow their guidelines and rsvp, if required.
- Drive the route. As you’re making your list, it’s a good idea to drive back and forth to the schools during the morning and afternoon carpool time. If the trip requires a very long commute, you may decide it’s not the right school for your family.
- Consider your budget. Tuition varies dramatically among schools. Start thinking about your family’s finances and decide on a range that works for you. Or, you may want to consider financial aid.
- Plan to attend the Dallas Private School Preview. The private school preview this year is Sunday, September 13th, from 1 to 3 pm at St. Mark’s School of Texas. Immediately following the preview, from 3:15-4:15 pm, the Admissions directors of the Independent Schools Admission Association of Dallas will participate in a moderated panel discussion entitled Navigating the Independent Private School Admission Process. Read my post to learn more about this informative event.
If you need help forming your list, want to discuss private schools or the admissions process, don’t hesitate to contact me for assistance! Good luck!
© Eleanor Munson, PhD. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from Eleanor Munson, PhD is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Eleanor Munson, PhD with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.